Promote Brain Injury Services
- Collaboration with Minnesota Connect Aphasia Now (MnCAN), a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing community-based conversation groups and support for people with aphasia in Minnesota.
- Promote speech therapy services at the College of Allied Health and Nursing Community Fair
- Offer brain injury resources with School of Nursing for veterans at Health For Heroes
- Brain Education: Getting Ahead on Concussion Program with Dr. Adam Steiner (Psychology), Dr. Sheen Chiou (CSD) Alyssa Rickels (speech-language pathologist from Big Stone Therapies, Troy Hoehn (Mayo). This workshop, ideal for educators and coaches but also free and open to the general public, provides a fun, hands-on way to understand the signs and effects of sports-related concussions. The event includes various activity stations for participants as they explore the human brain and learn traumatic brain injury protocols.
Promote Cultural Diversity. I strive to promote cultural diversity in the classroom, clinic, department, University and community.
- Co-President (2019 – 2021) of Asian Pacific Islander (API) Speech-Language-Hearing Caucus. Founded in 1985, the API mission is to serve and represent those who share common concerns for quality speech, language, and hearing service delivery for individuals across diverse Asian Pacific Islander communities, including East Asia, Southeast Asia, and the Pacific Islands. https://www.apislhc.com/
- MSU-Mankato Global Experiences Program (2018 – present)
- MSU-Mankato Partnerships with Taiwan Universities
- Twin Cities Chinese Language School Board
Create a Dementia Friendly Community
- Meaningful EngAGEment with Dr. Kristen Abbott-Anderson (Nursing), Sandi Lubrant (Team Lead from Mankato North Mankato at on Alzheimer’s Action Team) and community leaders.
- Consultant for Taiwan Association of Aging Society